Views
Helpful
Replies

ringtones and background images not available after call manager upgrade

barry florence
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have upgraded our call manager from version 8.5 to 10.5.  Once after the upgrade we lost all the Ringtones and background images except the two default ringtone and background images.  we got 8945 sccp phones(running 9-3-1 firmware) and 9951 sip phones(running 9-4-1 firmware).  Both these phones lost these list.  However the ringlist.xml is available in the tftp server with all the ringtones and the phones are pointed to the right tftp servers.  I tried to restart the tftp servers and tried again, however that didn't help.   we are using call manager 10.5 and h323 voice gateway.  Could anyone please help on this.

Thanks

Barry

4 Replies 4

tonyperla
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi Barry,

Are you able to see the background and ringtone files listed within the server under the OS admin page and TFTP file management?  The easiest thing would be to restart the TFTP services and if still not there, I would re-upload all of the files and then restart the TFTP services.

Hope this helps

Tony

Please rate helpful posts

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony,

I can see the ringtone files in the call manager (osadmin>tftp file mgmt), i have also restarted the tftp services, but it didn't help.  I believe you advised to re-upload the ringlist file (Ringlist.xml) and try again. I will try this and update you.  Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks

Barry

That's correct, I would start with the list xml files for both the backgrounds and ringtones.  I would make sure to re-upload them to all servers within your cluster and then restart the TFTP service on each.

Hope this helps

Tony

Thanks,
Tony

cliff.payne
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get an answer to this issue?