cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Route calls based on the internal extension number

sabumon
Level 1
Level 1

We have our H323 gateway configured to route all our local calls  through analog ports and all other national and international calls to route through our PRI line. We have now got a new requirement to route local calls originating from a particular extension to route through PRI line instead of analog ports. Can somebody please advise which is the best way to achieve it? For example, If my extension is 8001, I want to route all the local calls called from my extension to be routed through PRI.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

HI

1- CREATE A NEW ROUTE PATTERN WITH A PARTAION ex (9.!)

2- IN THE ROUTE PATREN USE CALLED PREFIX TO BE ADDED TO THE NUMBER (LIKE A CODE ANY NUMBER).

3- IN THE ROUTER CREATE A DIAL PEER WITCH CAN REMOVE THAT SPECIAL PREFIX AND PROCESS THE DIALED NUMBER THROUG THE PORT YOU DECIDE IN THE DIAL PEER WHICH IS THE E1 PORT.

4- USE CCS FOR THE SPECIAL USER TO USE THE CREATED ROUTE PATTERN YOU CAN ASSIGN IT TO ANY EXTENSION.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

There many threads on the forum for this..

You can use dial-peer cor list to achieve this..

Here is a document that explains how to configure this in detail..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-24098

Here is similar thread on this topic

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3821427#3821427

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

HI

1- CREATE A NEW ROUTE PATTERN WITH A PARTAION ex (9.!)

2- IN THE ROUTE PATREN USE CALLED PREFIX TO BE ADDED TO THE NUMBER (LIKE A CODE ANY NUMBER).

3- IN THE ROUTER CREATE A DIAL PEER WITCH CAN REMOVE THAT SPECIAL PREFIX AND PROCESS THE DIALED NUMBER THROUG THE PORT YOU DECIDE IN THE DIAL PEER WHICH IS THE E1 PORT.

4- USE CCS FOR THE SPECIAL USER TO USE THE CREATED ROUTE PATTERN YOU CAN ASSIGN IT TO ANY EXTENSION.

Thanks for your reply. As we have UCM setup, we could do it the way mohamed had advised. I think if it was CME, what you have mentioned should be working.

It doesnt matter if its cme or CUCM as long as you have a h323 gateway, this is a cleaner way to do this. You can use route pattern etc but I dont think you should have yo configure route pattern etc because of this..Thats my opinion...Anyways good luck

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

sabumon
Level 1
Level 1

It worked..Thanks Mohamed..

I wish you the Best.