Helpful
Replies

Route DID to Freepbx setup

Wonxie
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have below setup.

ISP PRI >> Cisco Voice Router >> CUCM >> FreePBX.

All my did are on Cisco voice router and cucm is connected to voice router via h323. my cucm is using 4 digit dialing. All calls to the pstn are passed by cucm to voice router and user has to use 9 as access code for outside line and the voice router manipulates it to did as per isp requirments.  similarly on incoming calls from pstn 4 digit number is passed to cucm which matches last 4 digits of dialed number. 

Now i have Freepbx at remote site and it has its own set of 3 digit dialing.A sip trunk is in place between cucm and freepbx and calling is working fine between these sites.

Now i want to map a DID to those 3 digit numbers registered on phones behind Freepbx for incoming and outgoing calling. that remtoe site has access code of 4 when reaching it from cucm registered phone. and that site is not using any access code to reach the extensions behind cucm.

For incoming calls form PSTN i have translation pattern which translates the called number to 4.xxx where xxx is specific extension and rmeote site behind freepbx. this is working fine. and for each DID i have to put a translation pattern as the numbers at freepbx site are not in sequnce and not all numbers behind freepbx are assigned a DID. 

I am trying to figure out how to make all outgoing calls from freepbx to the pstn via the cucm route correctly using proper outgoing DID ?

What can i use in cucm that when i recive a call to pstn from 3 digit ext behind freepbx being translated to a 4 digit number as my router will do remaining pstn formating. I just need to convert the 3 digit number behind the freepbx to a 4 digit number in the numbers range assinged to us by isp.

Thanks a lot for guidance.

2 Replies 2

Daniel Bosch
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCM, you can use Calling Party Transformation Patterns to accomplish this.  You'll need to set up a partition that will contain the patterns.  You also need to set up a CSS with the new partition as a member.  The CSS will be applied to the SIP trunk between CUCM and FreePBX under Outbound Calls > Calling Party Transformation CSS.  You will also need to uncheck the "Use Device Pool Calling Party Transformation CSS" box and reset the trunk.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmcfg/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100/CUCM_BK_C95ABA82_00_admin-guide-100_chapter_0110001.html

Hi,

The other option is to apply the 4 digits transformation on the Freepbx and adjust the intercluster call routing on CUCM so no other translation is needed.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"