Views
Helpful
Replies

Route Pattern assignments

DataSource7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a need to create a new Route Pattern for 1 phone.  I can do that but how do I get that 1 phone to use the new Route Pattern?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Create a new partition let’s assume p_new Put that RP in a P_new. Create a new css css_new and add the partition p_new

assign this css_new on the line. Now your phone can reach the new route pattern 

Response Signature

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Create a new partition let’s assume p_new Put that RP in a P_new. Create a new css css_new and add the partition p_new

assign this css_new on the line. Now your phone can reach the new route pattern 

Response Signature

What route patterns a phone can use is defined by what calling search space that the device and/or directory number has been assigned with. In the CSS you have a list of partitions and anything in any of these PT's , including RP's is what the device has access to use.

Response Signature

TechLvr
Spotlight
Spotlight

As Nithin pointed out, you can achieve this by creating a new partition, and placing it in a new Calling Search Space. Then, assign your newly created partition to the route pattern in question. After that, assign your newly created Calling Search Space to the phone that you want to reach the route pattern. 

Also, to give the phone the ability to access other patterns, you can simply add the existing partitions of those other patterns to the new Calling Search Space.