Helpful
Replies

Route patterns - external phone nr mask

kpintens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is there a way to achieve the following

we have 10 departments and they all need to go out with the hunt pilot number but the internal number has to remain visible on the phone

so we created the following

CSS_Company with 10 PT-department

route pattern attached to department PT

use calling party external phone mask ticked

calling party transform mask filled in

then re-created this pattern for each department with their own PT

now every time we call it uses the same calling party transform mask

any ideas what we are overlooking?

thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

create the 10 seperate CSS with the relevant PT

Correct

use the CSS_Company with all partitions on the gateway

There is no Partition configuration on GW, the CSS on the GW drives inbound routing and not outbound, so don't change that.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Untick "use calling party external phone mask" as you dont want that.

Do phones have different CSS for each department to steer the calls to desired route pattern?

What number is presetnted to caller? Perhaps it i a BTN number as your telco might be overwriting it, what is your trunk type to PSTN, if PRI can you post "debug isdn q931" and let us know what you see on the answering phone?

Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for the reply

CSS is the same for all phones (CSS_Company that contains the 10 Partitions and H323 gateway)

The number is one of calling party transform masks but from a different partitions

eg PT_1 should look like 1234100, PT_2 1234200, PT_31234300 etc but they all show up as 1234100

I  thought that if I put in Route Pattern in a partition only the phones from that partition could use it but here it seems that all other partitions use the Route Pattern that was created first

Telco is not overwriting it because it uses one that we created and know the telco's number when nothing is configured (reason for us to try this :-)  )

Koen

Koen,

If you have the same CSS on all phones how do you expect different route pattern to be matched? Partitions have nothing to do with controlling where calls go out, it is the function of CSS. To accomplish what you want you need to have 10 different CSS each one using different PT that you created, these way when a phone with CSS_A dials particular pattern it will only match a route pattern in PT-A which masks the caller as you need.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks Chris

How will we attach those RP's to the Gateway?  Now that is the same CSS, removing it.... no outgoing calls

Thanks

They will continue pointing to the same route list, you should never point directly to GW, route patterns should point to route list --> route group --> GW. So your setup should look something like this:

phoneA --> CSS-A --> PT-A --> RP_A --> RL --> RG --> GW

phoneB --> CSS-B --> PT-B --> RP_B --> RL --> RG --> GW

HtH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris

just to make sure

Koen

Correct

There is no Partition configuration on GW, the CSS on the GW drives inbound routing and not outbound, so don't change that.

HTH,

Chris

thanks Chris

OK this works but we can not dial internally using short numbers unless we use a translation pattern prefixing to dial outside but then it shows the external phone nr on the recipients phone instead of the internal DN

Did you include the partition of the other routes you need to reach in the new CSS, the CSS needs to include all partitions that are assigned to DN/Translation Patters/etc that you need to be able to dial, if those DNs/routes are in the same partition as your PSTN route patterns that you have now separated you will need to build new common partitions and assign them accordingly. CSS control when a phone/device can dial by having partitions listed in  it which are assigned to every dialabe number defined in CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris

If I include all the partitions don't I end up with 10 CSS that include all 10 PT, so what is the difference then with 1 CSS that include 10  PT, like we had in our original setup

weird thing was that we when added a partition to the RP the phones in other partitions used the first one created instead of the one assigned to their partition

Koen

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to sit down and read how CSS and partitions work as that is one of most important concepts in CUCM.
The internal DNs should be assigned to different common partitions and not the partitions you assign to route patterns.

The reason it works as you describe is because the order of partition within CSS is significant, the first one will be selected first when there are the same patterns being dialed

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Chris

personally I find this a bit wrong on Cisco's end, if I add an RP to a partition only devices in that partition should be able to use that, and this is how I interpret the explanation with configuring route pattern using partition:

"If you want to use a partition to restrict access to the route pattern, choose the desired partition from the drop-down list box"

we ended up using external phone masks on the line because otherwise our CSS and PT would become extreme (is a multi-tennant environment even)