Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT basic questions

danny.cintron
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have a centralized call manager and CUBE at two locations and all of our sites have IP phones that are registered to those call managers and use a MPLS/T1 connection to make calls through that call manager and CUBE.  How do I use RTMT to monitor the amount of calls at one of the sites if I feel they may be overutilizing their circuit and/or maxing out on the amount of calls they can make at one time?         

5 Replies 5

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Danny,

With RTMT you can monitor the gateway activity.

"Gateway activity monitoring includes the number of  active ports, the number of ports in service, and the number of calls  that were completed for each gateway type for a particular server or for  an entire cluster (if applicable)."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/8_5_1/rtmt/rtconfcm.html

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

I just realized that the gateway address is on the AT&T managed router and RTMT won't let me access it.  I went to Call Manager/Call Process/Gateway Activity but it shows our CM server activity.  I went to add the gateway as a node and when I test connectivity it fails.  I know this works because someone showed it to me once but I forgot to take notes...

Is the ATT managed router you mention the one providing your MPLS handoff?  If so, that's not the gateway you want to monitor.  You want to monitor your CUBE's.

I agree with the last comment.  I think I found what I need.  Let me know if not....

I click on System\Performance\

-On Performance screen, click open the Call Manager IP address folder

-Click open the Cisco Locations folder

-I double-click on any of the options like BandwidthAvailable, BandwidthMaximum, CallsInProgress, OutOfResources, etc and then choose the locations we've set up in CM.

One side question would be the value of OutOfResources.  I'm guessing the value can only be 0-False or 1-True.  Am I correct?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/managed_services/8_0_2/CUCM/rtmtdeftalrt.pdf

You didn't mention version, but this should be pretty version-agnostic.

"This counter represents the total number of times that a call on a particular Cisco

Unified Communications Manager through the location failed due to lack of

bandwidth."