Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT Not Showing all Object Instances of Cisco Lines >> Active

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to monitor the activity of specific extensions in RTMT (to see if they are being hit by a Hunt List/Line Group), but I noticed that some but not all of the lines are available to monitor in RTMT under Performance >> Subscriber >> Cisco Lines >> Active. When I check the Publisher's Active Lines, It says "No Cisco Line Instances Available".

I have attached a screeshot. I am not seeing the following extensions:

I have reset the lines but they still don't show. I've tried it on RTMT  versions 6.0 and 8.1 and both come with the same result.  Does anyone know what controls how the objects are placed in RTMT in the first place?

CUCM Version: 6.1.5.13900-4

Thanks,

Neocec

9 Replies 9

Hi,

From the following guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/6_1_1/rtmt/rtpmcm.html#wpmkr1012359

The Cisco Lines object represents the number of Cisco lines (directory numbers) that can dial and connect to a device. Lines represent all directory numbers that terminate on an endpoint. The directory number that is assigned to it identifies the line. The Cisco Lines object does not include directory numbers that include wildcards such as a pattern for a Digital or Analog Access gateway.

What are those lines that do not appear ?

Are they DN's of phones  or for example hunt pilots, hunt list numbers etc etc ?

Regards,

Christos

Hey Christos,

Yes, they are DNs of phones, and they are registered with Subscriber. In RTMT, if I search for those phones with Device Search, they show up. For some reason those lines I mentioned don't show up as objects in Cisco Lines. Shouldn't every active DN show up in that list? Something is causing them not to show up.

I've tried doing research on this, and I've read that admin guide (thanks for posting it). It doesn't mention how the objects are placed in RTMT Performance. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

neocec

I have done a quick test in my lab with the CUCM

I think the traces that you might find helpful are the RIS data collector and the RTMT web service. Don't forget to put them in detailed / debug trace prior to downloading them.

Here is what I see in the rtmt web service logs

2011-03-08 22:14:12,695 DEBUG [http-8443-19] perfmon.PerfmonListObjectInstanceHandler - PerfmonListObjectInstanceReply=

That's the reply of my cucm to the query of the client (rtmt). These are my DN's from the lab

I think you should be able to see the similar message is RIS Data Collector logs.

Be aware though that if you enable them to debug/detailed there are a lot of data written in the logs.

If these numbers are assigned to phones and they are registered to the subscriber you are looking at in the RTMT, then I would say that they should appear in the cisco lines counter.

The above logs might not give you the root cause as they only provide the results of the query (so I expect that you will not see the DN's that are missing there) but they might be a good starting point.

If you think this is important I would suggest opening an SR  to get this investigated in detail.

Let me know if the above helps.

Christos

Hey Christos,

Thanks for checking that out in your lab. I will try what you tried and see if I find anything. If not, then I will log a service request. I do feel it is important because you want to have as many tools available for troubleshooting, and I really need this one now.

One question for you, do you think perhaps there may be an allocated space limit that RTMT has to collect data? I'm thinking that perhaps the limit has been reached and is no longer collecting the data. And if that is the case, is there a way to increase the limit?

Thanks,

neocec

Hi neocec,

Actually I don't think this is a timing issue to be honest. I just checked it in my lab and I see that one of my DN's doesn't show up (it is a phone DN)

while according to the documentation it should.

In my lab I have a dozen of DN's so that's not definitely a timer issue.

Regards,

Christos

Hey Christos,

I'm not sure what you mean by timing. I was talking about Physical capacity limits for RTMT. But I do agree that all the lines should be shown in there, and something is definitely not right. I'm glad to see that it's not just happening to me. I will be reporting this to TAC and I will come back with some results as they happen.

Thanks,

neocec

New Development:

After working with TAC on this issue for a couple of months, we have a breakthrough!

The reason why not all of the Cisco Lines were not showing up in Active Lines was because we had phones in the cluster that did not have DNs associated with them. After removing those phones that didn't have DNs from the cluster, I reset the Call Manager service (after hours), and all of the phones that were registered showed up in Active Lines in RTMT.

A couple of things to note:

• The phones that were registered with Publisher showed up under the Publisher’s Active Lines. Likewise, the phones that were registered with Subscriber showed up under Subscriber’s Active Lines (Most were under Sub).
  • Phones that were not registered at all did not show up in the Active Lines of either server (Which is expected because it’s for “Active” lines only).
  • Some phones had DNs were associated with phones that were registered, but they were listed as “Unassigned Associated Items”. These lines did not show up in Active Lines in either server which I guess should be expected

I'm still working with TAC, so there may be a Bug ID which I will post once I have it. Stay Tuned!!

Neocec

Perfect! Thanks for posting the solution here !

Regards,

Christos

Giovanni Ceci
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Community.

Here is the official Bug ID for this issue: CSCtr12837

Regards,

neocec