cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT_Tool_Logs

kiranjose
Level 1
Level 1

How to use RTMT tool.how to collect logs.how to read and understand those logs collected using RTMT Tool

Regards,

KJ         

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You go to log central and follow the wizard, how to read and understand those logs, experience, you might wan to read some books that will get you started, but in the end, knowledge about how things work, hands on experience, reviewing traces when things work, and understading of protocols in case of H323, MGCP and SIP.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

If you are serious on learning how to read traces and understand how things work then buy this book..It will change your career forever..

http://www.ciscopress.com/store/troubleshooting-cisco-ip-telephony-paperback-9781587143021

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You go to log central and follow the wizard, how to read and understand those logs, experience, you might wan to read some books that will get you started, but in the end, knowledge about how things work, hands on experience, reviewing traces when things work, and understading of protocols in case of H323, MGCP and SIP.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

If you are serious on learning how to read traces and understand how things work then buy this book..It will change your career forever..

http://www.ciscopress.com/store/troubleshooting-cisco-ip-telephony-paperback-9781587143021

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

This was published in 2002.  Does anyone know if there is a newer release or if this is going to be updated anytime soon?

TIA,

Amir

I met one of the authors Paul Giralt in London this year and he said he is working on an updated version, but he hasnt finished it and doesnt know when it will be out. I suggest you get it, the basics remain the same. I still use mine from time to time..I love it!

Thank you!  Buying it now.

Amir

10.95 and that includes shipping from Barnes and Noble!

Thats a bargain.I paid about 40 quid for mine a few years ago. Take your time and study it, you will enjoy every bit of it.