Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Running CUCM 8x/9x on Cisco UCS - Design

Hi,

I have a design question popping in my mind regarding running CUCM 8.X/9X on UCS.

Let us say that I have initially configured a CUCM Publisher and Subscriber to run on a Cisco UCS server using the VMware OVA Template that allows for 2500 IP Phones.

Both CUCM servers have been installed and setup using the specs from an OVA that allows 2500 IP Phones. Later, I decide to increase the capacity of the same hosts from 2500 IP Phones to support 7500 IP Phones.

Do I need to build up new CUCM servers using an OVA Template that allows 7500 IP Phones per server or do I modify the existing CUCM VMware host settings such as increase the RAM, HDD, etc.

Warm regards,

JK.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the change only involves changing the CPU or RAM, yes, you can go ahead and change it by shutting down the VM.

If it requires changing the HDD size, you need to install the new VM using the OVA you want, and DRS.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the change only involves changing the CPU or RAM, yes, you can go ahead and change it by shutting down the VM.

If it requires changing the HDD size, you need to install the new VM using the OVA you want, and DRS.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check out the resize support:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#Resize_Virtual_Machine

Since the 2500 OVA have different storage requirements from the 7500 OVA you will need to rebuild the VM for full support.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_(CUCM)#Version_9.1.28x.29

HTH,

Chris