Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure SIP Call

adamgibs7
Level 6
Level 6

Dears,

I m building a secure sip trunk between the 2 no's of CME with secure RTP , the sip trunk between the CME forms successfully but the SRTP fails between the phones , when it is  normal RTP it works fine but with SRTP it fails  I cannot establish the call.

thanks

19 Replies 19

Hi @adamgibs7,

I've just finnished this article about RTP to SRTP internetworking:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/cube-sipsecure-control-with-rtp-to-srtp-internetworking-with/ba-p/3383388

On this lab I've used CME and CUBE. And also I've succeed between two CME (Cisco 2901 with IOS15.5).

As concerned "secure cluster" with SCCP firmware on IP phone I have to finnish the documentation.

You will find a lot of videos and helps for this SRTP to SRTP internetworking but only with CUCM and not CME. It's a hard work to find THE solution but it's the best moments of our work.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

Dear Benode,

what is the difference between a CME and a CUBE, as far uptill not I understand is that almost same , the CUBE will do the function of CUBE only rather than registering phones on him as like a CME, please correct me If I am wrong, we are placing the router on the border to connect to the ISP or to the another organization we should have a separate router called as a CUBE instead on the internal CME router connecting to them as per the cisco design perspective.

I desperately looking for the srtp to srtp internetworking with routers acting as a CME  for their corporate.

thanks

Dears,

Awaiting your reply, srtp to srtp will work between 2 CME's.

thanks

Hi @adamgibs7

You're correct, it's exactly the difference b/w cube and cme.

Best regards
.ı|ı.ı|ı. If This Helps, Please Rate .ı|ı.ı|ı.

thanks,

+5 to you.