cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Select Outbound Dial-peer based on the Calling-ID from CUCM

amvita
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently added a second SIP trunk to a CUBE and need to fully test outbound dialing on the trunk.  The CUBE will receive the call setup from CUCM 11.5.1(SU6) without issue, but it is matching the Dial-Peer that points to the legacy SIP Trunk.   I can make a specific "destination-pattern" dial-peer that will match and send the call to the correct SIP trunk but I have many destination numbers to test and  I'd rather be able to have the cube match the outbound dial-peer which would point to the new trunk, based on the calling-ID (my test phone).  

I'm looking at this documentation, but can't seem to get it right.  https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/inbound-hdr-for-outbound.html

4 Replies 4

Can you post the configuration you have so far for us to check it?

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

If this is just for test purposes, why not set up a test route pattern in CUCM with an alternative prefix.  For example if your site normally dials a "9" prefix, then you could use "*9" or something.  Then set your gateway oubound dial peer so it will match that prefix, and obviously strip off the extra digits.  I find it quite useful leaving test patterns of this sort in place so that for test purposes a call can be directed to one particular gateway or trunk on a call by call basis.

I hope u are conducting test with the new SIP server. U Can achieve it in many ways.U can use an extra digit to differentiate the call. You can keep it in a different partition. Etc.. 

I never tried the link which u send. But going through it looks like its doable. need to test it on LAB.

Response Signature

Hi, another option (my preference) create a dialpeer to match answer
address as ur calling number. Create a dialpeer to match destination .T.
Finally assign the outgoing dialpeer to dpg and map the dpg to inbound
dialpeer. This will allow u to make all calls from your test number using
the new trunk without touching your cucm dialplan.

***** please remember to rate useful posts