Views
Helpful
Replies

Seperate Directories, Same UCM

angel-moon
Level 3
Level 3

Hello everyone,

I know that I can set UCM to treat 2 different companies being hosted on the same system to be segmented by proper configuration of CSS and partitions?  What do I need to do to make sure each group has its own directory and can only see what it is supposed to see.  Will that happen by default using differnt CSSs and partitions or does it have to be programmed?

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Phillip Ratliff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Partitions and CSS have no relation to the corporate directory or any custom directories available to the phone.  You will need to configure a custom directory service for each company and assign it as the only directory service for each set of phones.  Creating and configuring these directory services depends heavily on your version of UCM and the phone models in use. 

Posted from the TSC at Cisco Live 2012

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Phillip Ratliff
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Partitions and CSS have no relation to the corporate directory or any custom directories available to the phone.  You will need to configure a custom directory service for each company and assign it as the only directory service for each set of phones.  Creating and configuring these directory services depends heavily on your version of UCM and the phone models in use. 

Posted from the TSC at Cisco Live 2012

Thanks Ryan!

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can also look at 3rd party applications that provide directory apps if you don't want to develop your own.

Chris

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: