Views
Helpful
Replies

setting up calling number on call manager

Antonio Brandao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I´m running call manager 7.1 and when try to make calls to pstn calls are routed trought a voice gateway using a H.323 trunk.

When calls go out to pstn I would like to set up the calling number to my public pilot number ? I know is usual we do it at voice gateway with translation rules, but I would like to configure it on call manager instead. Where on call manager can I configure it ?

AB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes.

Caller ID DN

Enter the pattern that you want to use for calling line ID, from 0 to 24  digits.

For example, in North America

• 555XXXX = Variable  calling line ID, where X equals an extension number. The CO appends the  number with the area code if you do not specify it.
  • 5555000 = Fixed  calling line ID. Use when you want the Corporate number to be sent  instead of the exact extension from which the call is placed. The CO  appends the number with the area code if you do not specify it.

You can also enter the international escape character +.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you want all calls using that GW to have the main number, the best places are either at a route list or GW level.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Java,

which filed do I supost to setup it at gateway configuration.

Acctualy I did set up my public pilot number  at gateway conf >> call routing information - outbound calls >> Caller ID DN field

Is it right ?

AB

Yes.

Caller ID DN

Enter the pattern that you want to use for calling line ID, from 0 to 24  digits.

For example, in North America

• 555XXXX = Variable  calling line ID, where X equals an extension number. The CO appends the  number with the area code if you do not specify it.
  • 5555000 = Fixed  calling line ID. Use when you want the Corporate number to be sent  instead of the exact extension from which the call is placed. The CO  appends the number with the area code if you do not specify it.

You can also enter the international escape character +.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks Java that help me a lot

regards

AB