Replies

Shared lines Hold issue

Thilina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a strange situation related to shared lines ,

There is a line shared among three IP phones , number 1000
When call comes to the line , any user can answer the call and if he puts it hold some other user can pick it up by pressing the Hold button , that's fine that's the expected behavior.

But we had an instance of an incoming call at the same time a user (User01) was making an outgoing call from the same line. One user (User 02) answered the incoming call and then put the caller on hold which also put other user's (User01) outgoing call on hold as well.  He got the call back when  User 02 picked up the call which he put on-hold.

So is this the normal behavior or can we make Hold independence between multiple calls ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Lando.Griffin
Level 1
Level 1
I swore I would never be one of those people who doesn't answer the original question. But since no one else has responded yet....

It seems like setting the option on the phone to "Always use prime line" would solve your issue for the future. I'm assuming of course that your users have an internal extension as their first line, and then the shared line as a second line. With this setting enabled, anytime they pick up the phone to call, it will grab their internal extension rather than the shared line.

Thilina
Level 1
Level 1

Can I use "Privacy Hold" features to achieve this ?

No, this is not normal behavior as each call on the same DN should still be independent and placing 1 call on hold should not place the other one on hold.  Sounds like some kind of bug to me, I would suggest opening TAC case on it.

Thanks Chris..

Opened a TAC with cisco , will update with their findings/replies.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: