Views
Helpful
Replies

shurtcut number

Maleksalim
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I WANT TO CREATE A SHORTCUT NUMBER FOR ONE MY DEPARTEMENT IN CUCM, I WANT IF USERS DIAL 8888 DIRECTLY TO TRANSLATE THE number TO 0044XXXXXXXX.

Should i use route patterne or translation pattern?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You should use a translation pattern.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi

Do you want 8888 to translate to specific number ? I mean 0044XXXXXXXX can only be a single number here and not any number starting with 0044.

Example : users dialing 8888 can only reach 004412345678 (assumption) by dialing this short number and not any other number starting with 0044 , for all other numbers you will either need a sepearate RP/TP or they need to dial the complete number.

If the requirement is for only single numer and i believe you want to route these calls out of your CUCM cluster then you can use any of them.

1. You can either create a route pattern with pattern as 8888 and then use Called Party transformations on the route pattern itself to transform the called number to the one which you want to send out to the gateway/trunk

Or

2. You can use Translation pattern with pattern as 8888 and then use Called Party transformations on the translation pattern to transform the called number in such a way that it can match the route pattern which will be used to route the call out.

Since you want to apply this for the particular department , make sure the route pattern/ Translaton pattern has partition which is only accisible via CSS of those particular departement phones/lines. Also if you are going to use Translation pattern then CSS on Translation pattern should have access to the route pattern which it is going to hit.

Regards

Aditya Gupta