Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP/2.0 404 Not Found on Outgoing calls CUCM 8.6

SamuelR87
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty new to CUCM and SIP, so please go easy on me.

I'm having some difficulty with Outbound calls, in that I get a SIP 404 Not Found error from CUCM after the invite request. Inbound calls are working fine so I'm pretty confident it's something in my set up causing the issue rather than it being at the ITSP end. The basic set up is:

CUCM > Sip Trunk > VG202 > ITSP

ITSP > VG202 > SIP Trunk > CUCM

I've attached the configuration I'm using, sans the sensitive info, and also the debug output of ccsip messages and voice ccapi inout.

If anyone can help me understand where the problem lies and where I should be looking to fix it, I'd really appreciate it.

Many Thanks

Samuel

3 Replies 3

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I see you are sending 44xxxxxxxxx. To the sip gate. Is this what they are expecting? Also if you are using call manager. Use the external phone number mask to send a proper caller id instead of 100 home office
Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your reply!

Yes – Sipgate (the ITSP) are asking for the number to be sent in the 44nnnnnnnnnn format. I’ve also tried adding an external phone mask like you suggested but to no avail. I edited it so that it was the SIP number as the caller id, with the SIP ID still within the tag.

Sipgate insist on having the SIP ID in the From tag, hence the sip profile to modify the header.

Any other ideas?

I’m really grateful for your input.

Cheers!

Samuel

Hi,

Look at your debug closer. You do not receive any reply for the service provider to your INVITE.

Screen Shot 2019-09-08 at 11.46.37 PM.png

Your router sends 6 INVITES- 500ms, 1s, 2s, 4s and 8s after initial INVITE. You have your router set to send 5 retries and CUBE does it while doubling the time between retries (this is how it works). 

The question is why you do not receive 100-Trying from service provider. It's either them not receiving your INVITE or receiving but not responding to it. Do you have any firewalls between your router and sipgate that may block SIP?