cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP AND CUBE AND SIP PROVIDER

kennedymacharia
Level 1
Level 1

I have a scenerio where I have CUCM and Cube via a sip trunk , A sip trunk between the Cube and an asterisk contact center and SIP trunk to an SIP provider for PSTN. I am able to make calls from the provider to the Call center and to the CUCM. But outbound calls from both the CUCM and the Callcenter are unsuccessful . Debug shows that the call from to  the provider pick the Default gateway as the destination instead of the Provider IP which is directly attached.  have tried putting bind commands on the dial peers but still no successful. What Im I missing I have attached the config.I have replaced the public IP to 1.1.1.1 for security. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok. You need to make sure that the dial-peers handling the calls coming in and going out to your Asterisk box are binded to Gig0/0.1 interface and the dial-peers handling calls coming and going out to ITSP are bounded to Gig0/1.62.
Nothing in your IOS SIP config points to a possible miss configuration that might cause the router to send the call to your gateway vs your ITSP.

Take logs for the following debugs for a test call so that we can better see what is going on -
debug ccsip message
debug ccsip error
debug voice ccapi inout

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

R0g22
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Can you share information regarding the interfaces/IP that the CUBE needs to use when sending request/response from and to the ITSP and/or Asterisk ?

Hi Nipun,

Sorry for the late reply. The cube uses interface
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1 to send request/response to the Asterisk and interface GigabitEthernet0/1.62 to send request/response to the ITSP. The problem is that it treats the default gateway 192.168.2.3 as the destination instead of the IP of the ITSP which is directly attached,

Ok. You need to make sure that the dial-peers handling the calls coming in and going out to your Asterisk box are binded to Gig0/0.1 interface and the dial-peers handling calls coming and going out to ITSP are bounded to Gig0/1.62.
Nothing in your IOS SIP config points to a possible miss configuration that might cause the router to send the call to your gateway vs your ITSP.

Take logs for the following debugs for a test call so that we can better see what is going on -
debug ccsip message
debug ccsip error
debug voice ccapi inout

Thank man this worked