Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP connection problem

fahadqureshi
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

My main Cisco call manager 5.x is in head office where ISDN PRI is terminating from ISP. one of my other office has also Cisco call manager 8.x. both the offices has Fiber connectivity in between. now my main problem is, i establish SIP trunk from My main call manager to new call manager 8.0 to take the PSTN lines. my all the incoming and outgoing PSTN calls going through Main call manager 5.x. one problem that i am facing rightnow is when some of my user dial on mobile from new office CCM 8.0 and the mobile user reject the call, on the IP phone side ring continuesly going like no one reject the line. can anyone please help me out in this.

Best regards,

Fahad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Fahad,

Just out of curiosity why you are using SIP trunk between two CUCM clusters and not inter-cluster trunks ?

Another thing , if you have a fiber connection , why don't you register the gateway into the two call managers and make local route patterns on each call manager , this will prevenet you from utilizing media resources.

Amer

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello Fahad,

Just out of curiosity why you are using SIP trunk between two CUCM clusters and not inter-cluster trunks ?

Another thing , if you have a fiber connection , why don't you register the gateway into the two call managers and make local route patterns on each call manager , this will prevenet you from utilizing media resources.

Amer

Thanks Amer,

For the kind reply. yes thats a good idea to use inter-cluster-trunk. The other thing is we want to use dialling through our first call manager. some company policies. anyways i will try inter cluster and let you know thanks again

Please let me know how it will comes.

Amer

Hello,

Is it possible also to tell us what is the PSTN connection and what is the gateway configuration on the CUCM (MGCP, H323, etc..)

Amer

Dear Amer,

Thank you so much for your kind help. I tried the inter-cluster trunk and its working great.

Again thanks for the support

You are most welcome.

Amer