Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Disconnect Cause (SIP) : 404

Hi there,

I am having issues with dialling a cirtain number (999) which is being routed to a SIP Carrier, all other calls work, but this fails everytime. What I am seeing when debugging ccsip calls are the following disconnect codes..

Disconnect Cause (CC)    : 1

Disconnect Cause (SIP)   : 404

Does anyone know what these are? I cannot find anything anywhere which tells me what these mean..

Cheers.

6 Replies 6

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

A SIP 404 is a generic error for failed to establish call (It can mean anything from "This number doesn't exist", to "You're not allowed to call this number (but it does exist)" to "System error making call")

As other numbers work, and this is a SIP trunk, you might want to check with your provider that they accept 999 calls.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Also check to ensure you're not digit stripping the leading "9" from outbound calls... Commonly "9" is used to identify an external call - and is stripped before being sent to the carrier. You may find that you're stripping the leading 9 and asking the SIP provider to dial "99" which will fail...

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

I don't know about SIP providers, but I know some TDM carriers (e.g. BT) accept just "99" for "999" calls for exactly this reason.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

BT being helpful... Now there's a first

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

Thanks for the replies chaps,

I found out what the issue was, and its a real duck-egg. All dial-peers had a destination add of 9T, so 999 didnt match.

Thanks for the input!

wanted to chime in with my expereience recently on this.

for us, it was for an initial deployment, and the 404 was caused by a misconfigured CSS on the trunk.