Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP phone not registering on CUCM 10.5

Hello everyone,

I have problem registering sip phones on CUCM 10.5. I have 7861, 7841 phones and one 7942. I have managed to register 7942 as SCCP phone. But when I switched to sip it doesn't register. Same with 7861 and 7841. I tried with manual and auto-registration. 
Last message i receive from 7861 (under  Admin settings/Status/Status Messages ) is SEPB07D47D0770A.cnf.xml.sgn(HTTP) for a few times.

I have installed the latest device pack 10.5.2.13038-1.cop , still no change.

Any hints on this subject would be very helpfull.

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you try factory resets on the phones?

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you try factory resets on the phones?

Hi Chris,

We tried factory reset too, but without success...

I tried that after every change on the system. It dint help.

Are these phones configured with a DN? SIP phones require to have a DN in order to register, if yes then your best bet would be to look at CUCM CallManager logs and look for reasons.

Yes, the phone is configured with DN. Besides, there is autoregistration turned on, with its range of DNs. How do I collect logs, with RTMT? Which log do I have to collect?

BR

Can you take a screen shot the status message? And attach it here..

Use the link below to collect cucm logs..NB in 10.5 you need to tick on the box that says enable "debug"

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/126666/collecting-cucm-traces-cucm-862-tac-sr

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji, I also work with Mihailo on this and we've collected Wireshark traces.

Maybe you can see something more than we do in the log that I've attached...

The log shows that there is no response to the registration request from the 10.10.74.5 server.

Can you send cucm logs from the server?

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji, thanks a lot for the answer! I'm not able to collect the traces from CUCM, but I will do so soon.

In the meantime, I tried to isolate the problem in the network, so I disconnected voice equipment from the network and I used one small Cisco 1800 with switchport like this:

Phone-----[(switchport access) Cisco 1800 (sw port trunk)]=====UCS

And now it works!

I am thinking about MTU somewhere in production network, because I also noticed transmissions after REGISTER SIP message...

Thanks again!

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/service/10_0_1/rtmt/CUCM_BK_CA30A928_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-100/CUCM_BK_CA30A928_00_cisco-unified-rtmt-administration-100_chapter_01000.html#d112235e441a1635

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: