Level 1

Sir,

i have an issue i want you to help resolve 

A call placed from an ip phone in lagos enroute to kwale

sccp lagos -> sccp kwale with the same mirrored dn 

105     ->        105  success

sccp lagos -> sip Kwale with the same mirrored dn

307      ->        307   fail

how do i resolve the sip to sccp communication problem.

6 Replies 6

May I assume that the phone in Lagos and the phone in Kwale are registered to the same cluster? If so, it won't be a SCCP-to-SIP issue. Those protocols are used by the phones to communicate with CUCM, not with each other.

The first thing I would check is the Calling Search Space on the SCCP phone in Lagos. Does that CSS include the Partition assigned to the 307 directory number?

Maren

thanks for the solution, actually we use CME at both site and phones are registered at their local cme with proper tranlation rule at each site because of overlapping numbers but there are no problems with sccp lagos -> sccp kwale with the same dn. the issue seems to be with ip phone on sccp lagos -> ip phone on sip kwale with the same dn.

Hello,

Please can you clarify if this issue appears for other phone # as well? Additionally, please can you post debug voip ccapi inout of the failed call?

George

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

Understood. Is the connection between your two CME routers a SIP trunk? If so, would you please post the output of  debug ccsip messages on the Kwale router  while placing this call? This will tell us if the call is arriving at the Kwale router, with what numbers, and how the Kwale router is processing the call to the SIP phone.

If the connection between the two routers is not SIP, what is the connection?

Also, if you are comfortable doing so, can you post the configuration of the Kwale router? Feel free to sanitize the IP addresses, etc. before posting.

Maren

Yes the connection is sip. but there is no output from the kwale router i guess the call is not even getting through to known, each time the call is placed the phone displays unknown number based on the scenerio i explained earlier. 

That the Kwale router is seeing no output from a debug ccsip messages tells us something and helps narrow down the problem, namely that the problem is on the Lagos router. (I should have asked, did you also issue the "terminal monitor" command on the Kwale router to see the output in your telnet/SSH session? If not, try the debug again.)

So, let's see.... If calls are reaching Kwale to SCCP phones but not to SIP phones, and the problem is on the Lagos router, then I think you may have some kind of digit manipulation problem, or digit matching problem on Lagos. Would you be willing to post the Lagos configuration here, along with which Lagos phone is dialing which Kwale number?

Maren