Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP & SCCP Phones on the same CME Router

s.lehmann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

if a customer wants to use a SIP CME for any reason, but he wants some 7925 Wifi phones in addition, is this still a supported configuration ?

I Think in theory, it should work, maybe some trouble with the dhcp pools (need to have reservations), but ...

Any experience or tips for this setup ?

Kind regards

Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Edson Pineiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steffen,

My name is Edson Pineiro, I understand that your questions is 'does CME support both SIP and SCCP within the same box'. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The answer is yes it is a supported topology CME can act as both SIP and SCCP at the same time. This allows the ability to integrate phones of different signaling protocols.

The DHCP portion of the problem may not be directly related to the signaling protocols installed on the device and will most likely be cause by another problem such as network issue's. If dhcp is the issue, please test by assigning a static IP address on the phone.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

&

Regards

Edson Pineiro

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Edson Pineiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Steffen,

My name is Edson Pineiro, I understand that your questions is 'does CME support both SIP and SCCP within the same box'. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The answer is yes it is a supported topology CME can act as both SIP and SCCP at the same time. This allows the ability to integrate phones of different signaling protocols.

The DHCP portion of the problem may not be directly related to the signaling protocols installed on the device and will most likely be cause by another problem such as network issue's. If dhcp is the issue, please test by assigning a static IP address on the phone.

I hope this helps.

Thank you

&

Regards

Edson Pineiro