Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP TO SIP

richard.gosling
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a Cisco VG320 connected into a Cisco 2951 using CME this connects via Sip to a 4351 and another sip connection to another 4351 , sip works to the first Router but not the second?

Do I need  CUBE running for sip to sip?

Dial peers match can't understand why it's not working?

Ang help much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yet again another Cisco IOS bug problem, 2 brand new devices with bugs ASA5508 as well. 

Do Cisco even test these Now!

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Can you please verify the call flow.

on which router does the call fail?

Cisco VG320 ---- Cisco 2951 ----- Sip----4351 ----sip---- 4351

You can take debugs on the router.

debug voice ccapi inout

debug ccsip messages.

Please attach the debug file.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

It gets to the first 4351 the second sip leg fails no ccsip messages and debugging ccsip messages doesn't show the next leg at all, so I'm thinking dial-peer or sip source.

Using the same dial peer for incoming and outgoing calls.

I can't post debugs unless I santise them.

okay yea then please make sure that you have following commands in place.

allow-connections sip to sip.

Also make sure that the IP address trusted list on both router has each other's ip if not mentioned in dial-peers.

if you can give hints with the error code or messages then may be we can help.

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

richard.gosling
Level 1
Level 1

We get error 503 network unavailable, I set this up H323 all works fine, I also added ip2ip on sip and dial peers, did a call the other way and no sip messages on the 4351 at all so we have UC license and Cube.

Can you share debug ccsip on the cube?

Sorry I can't as a secure Network, not allowed or web ex.

Ok . After which message you are getting 503

It looks like a vrf problem as in the global table sip works, I thought it was vrf aware. We have specified a voice vrf.

So how do we force sip to use the voice vrf?

Do you have multi-VRF ? AFAIK, ISR-4k do not support multi-vrf. Also, single VRF and multi-VRF cannot coexist. You need to only use multi-vrf.
Can you share a snippet of your dial-peers removing the IP addresses and an output for "show ip vrf" ?

Ok I have removed the voice vrf and I get the Router to send an invite to the next hope but get error 408 and disconnect 102 all Routers are listening on 5060

Just put every thing in the GRT all works, running just instance of vrf lite for MGMT.

I thought a brand new 4351 would be vrf aware????

VRF and Voice is a bit finicky with loads of restrictions. As long as you have a single VRF which is also your Global Voice VRF (if you don't have a voice VRF added, default routing table is used), everything should be fine. Start there. If you have a lab, better. If you want to go the multi-VRF route, keep in mind the following important pointers -

1. Multi-VRF is not supported on SIP-TDM call flows.
2. Multi-VRF and Single/Voice VRF cannot co-exist. If you have to use multi-VRF, you need to remove voice VRF.
3. VRF route leaks are not required to bridge inter-VRF calls.
4. Most important, reload the router after making any VRF interface changes.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/voi-cube-multi-vrf.html#id_14582

I was incorrect in saying that multi-VRF is not supported in ISR-4k. That restriction applies to CME only.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/manual/cmeadm/cmevrf.html

Yet again another Cisco IOS bug problem, 2 brand new devices with bugs ASA5508 as well. 

Do Cisco even test these Now!