cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP Trunk configuration on CME (C2911 Router used as backup Router)

Dear Telephony Professionals,

Greetings, First of all i am very new in IP Telephony so i need detailed solution and help.

I am working in a company in Riyadh branch who has many Offices worldwide and our IT Team already configured the IP Telephony infrastructure in between all their Offices using PRI etc. and they did not use any SIP protocol in their Topologies.

We know that in KSA here STC (Saudi Telecom) is only providing SIP Trunks. So i need to configure SIP Trunks for my Riyadh Office to provide connectivity with all other Offices worldwide.

We have a Backup Router (C2911) which will be used as a CME Router for the configuration of SIP Trunk.

Note: we already purchase 30 channels from STC and are using Cisco 7975 IP Phones.

I need from you to guide me step by step to configure SIP Trunking here for my Office and provide connectivity with other Offices

Thank you and will really appreciate your Help

Mohammed Nadeem

2 Replies 2

Robert Shaw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Mohammed,

I have some sample configs that may be of benefit in helping you configure this SIP Trunk.  Firstly I would need to know how your provider is authenticating your account?  Are they using a SIP-User Agent (SIP_UA) and have a Username and Password configured?  Or do they accept calls that come from your external IP only?

This greatly affects the configuration of the CME and troubleshooting any problems.

I look forward to your response.

Thanks

Rob

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your prompt response.

They already purchase 30 SIP Trunk Extensions, it means they are using a SIP-User Agent (SIP_UA) and have a Username and Password configured.

Really appreciate your kind help

Thanks

Nadeem