Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk from 2821 to Mitel 3300

Hi All,

We need to setup a SIP trunk between ISR 2821 and Mitel 3300. Anybody has done this before? Any recommendation? Any sample config? Any underwater stone?

Thanks!

12 Replies 12

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

Check this link, it includes info on how to connect a Mitel PBX with CUCM using SIP as well as features supported, limitations and configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/pbx/interop/notes/678773.pdf

Hope this helps! :)

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I have seen this link before - unfortunately it is not what I am looking for. It is about sip between Mitel and CUCM and I am looking for the info about sip between Mitel and 2821 router. But thanks anyway :)

Did you every find an answer to this? I have the same thing.

thanks

Hi, now, nobody came back to me so I had to it myself from scratch. Anyway, it was successful - it works :)

Would it be possible to share your sip config? or any gotcha's you ran into?

No, I did not use this document at all.

Hi, here below are the SIP config bits of the 2800 configuration. The only unexpected problem that we had was the fact that Mitel sends all numbers (including internal extension) as E.164 compliant (effectively puts + in front of everything). So you'll need to translate the numbers and take this + away.

!

voice service voip

allow-connections sip to sip

redirect ip2ip

sip

bind control source-interface GigabitEthernet0/1

bind media source-interface GigabitEthernet0/1

options-ping 90

no update-callerid

!

!

interface GigabitEthernet0/1

ip address ???.???.???.??? 255.255.255.0

no ip route-cache cef

no ip route-cache

duplex auto

speed auto

hold-queue 2048 in

hold-queue 2048 out

!

!

dial-peer voice 30 voip

description *** From Mitel ***

translation-profile incoming FROM_MITEL

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session transport tcp

incoming called-number +32...

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

!

dial-peer voice 10 voip

description *** To Mitel ***

destination-pattern 32...

voice-class codec 1

session protocol sipv2

session target ipv4:???.???.???.???

session transport tcp

dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify

!

sh ver

Cisco IOS Software, 2800 Software (C2800NM-IPVOICE_IVS-M), Version 12.4(15)T5, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

great thank you!!

Awesome config! Thanks for posting. (old, but still great) Did you use this for voicemail also or test it? I have a 3300 and a SX-2000 connected. I was thinking of doing the SIP connection to my 2851.

So Sx-2000 phones connect to the 3300, then 3300 to the 2851 to CUCM/Unity

Not sure it will, but maybe?

No, sorry, have never used it with voicemail.

can you tell me from which reference guide you have configure above stpes, because i have to terminate my E1 PRI line on voice gateway, so the call routing will be complex in my scenario:

i have to route the call from / to:

PBX,

CUCM &

PSTN

also , i have to configure SRST between two sites. I have tried to search for the configuration gude and can also able to dig out somthing but it is not upto my satisfaction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: