Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP trunk licenses question

raid_t
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a question on SIP trunk licensing for a setup CUCM <-> CUBE <-> ITSP. Let's say I have 50 phones (users) on the LAN side.

Q1: Do I need the "CUBE-T-STD" licenses? 

Q2: Let's say I need 20 active sip trunks, will that require to purchase 21 CUBE-T-STD licenses since an addition sip trunk is between cube itself and cucm?

Thanks!

T.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CUBE licenses are for each concurrent call/session connected through CUBE. Assuming CUCM and a single carrier trunk are the only two things and you need a total of 20 concurrent calls then you need 20 CUBE licenses. The STD is for non-redundant setups. You would need RED if you intend to support box-to-Box redundancy.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
CUBE licenses are for each concurrent call/session connected through CUBE. Assuming CUCM and a single carrier trunk are the only two things and you need a total of 20 concurrent calls then you need 20 CUBE licenses. The STD is for non-redundant setups. You would need RED if you intend to support box-to-Box redundancy.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: