Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR calling party number problem

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have the following situation. I have my IP phone and my cell-phone combined as single number reach (mobile connnect). Lets say :

A-calling party number

B-IP phone number

C-Cell Phone number

"A" calls me to "B". CCM makes an outbound call to provider with "A" as calling party and "C" as called party . However my provide overwrites "A" with some number in "B" range because he says he cannot allow call with "A" and "C" in setup, which are both not provided by him, because he cannot do the billing.

So my question is how can I deliver "A" number to my "C" cell phone? Because information that "B" is calling me is not useful?

I thought it might be possible that I send:

A -calling party

B -redirect-party number  ---  provider says he might try to do the billing according to redirect-party number

C -called party

But seem this is impossibe, callmanager doesn't pack B into redirect-party.

SOrry if I over complicated it, any similar experiences?

Best regards

Goran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Goran

Please check if Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound check box on the gateway or trunk configuration page.

Please note that this is possible for CCM 7.1.3 and above.

Also in addition to the information above if you look at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html\

Here are some snippets from the page:

Prior to deploying Unified Mobility, it is important to work with the PSTN provider to ensure the following:

–Caller ID is provided by the service provider for all inbound calls to the enterprise. This is a requirement if Enterprise Feature Access Two-Stage Dialing or mid-call transfer, conference, and directed call park features are needed.

–Outbound caller ID is not restricted by the service provider. This is a requirement if there is an expectation that mobility-enabled users will receive the caller ID of the original caller at their remote destination rather than a general enterprise system number or other non-meaningful caller ID.

Note Some providers restrict outbound caller ID on a trunk to only those DIDs handled by that trunk. For this reason, a second PRI trunk that does not restrict caller ID might have to be acquired from the provider. To obtain an unrestricted PRI trunk, some providers might require a signed agreement from the customer indicating they will not send or make calls to emergency numbers over this trunk.

Note Some providers allow unrestricted outbound caller ID on a trunk as long as the Redirected Dialed Number Identification Service (RDNIS) field or SIP Diversion Header contains a DID handled by the trunk. Beginning with Cisco Unified CM 7.1(3), the RDNIS or SIP Diversion Header for forked calls to remote destinations can be populated with the enterprise number of the user by checking the Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound check box on the gateway or trunk configuration page. Contact your service provider to determine if they honor the RDNIS or SIP Diversion Header and allow unrestricted outbound caller ID.

HTH

Tapan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Tapan Dutt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Goran

Please check if Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound check box on the gateway or trunk configuration page.

Please note that this is possible for CCM 7.1.3 and above.

Also in addition to the information above if you look at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/mobilapp.html\

Here are some snippets from the page:

Prior to deploying Unified Mobility, it is important to work with the PSTN provider to ensure the following:

–Caller ID is provided by the service provider for all inbound calls to the enterprise. This is a requirement if Enterprise Feature Access Two-Stage Dialing or mid-call transfer, conference, and directed call park features are needed.

–Outbound caller ID is not restricted by the service provider. This is a requirement if there is an expectation that mobility-enabled users will receive the caller ID of the original caller at their remote destination rather than a general enterprise system number or other non-meaningful caller ID.

Note Some providers restrict outbound caller ID on a trunk to only those DIDs handled by that trunk. For this reason, a second PRI trunk that does not restrict caller ID might have to be acquired from the provider. To obtain an unrestricted PRI trunk, some providers might require a signed agreement from the customer indicating they will not send or make calls to emergency numbers over this trunk.

Note Some providers allow unrestricted outbound caller ID on a trunk as long as the Redirected Dialed Number Identification Service (RDNIS) field or SIP Diversion Header contains a DID handled by the trunk. Beginning with Cisco Unified CM 7.1(3), the RDNIS or SIP Diversion Header for forked calls to remote destinations can be populated with the enterprise number of the user by checking the Redirecting Number IE Delivery - Outbound check box on the gateway or trunk configuration page. Contact your service provider to determine if they honor the RDNIS or SIP Diversion Header and allow unrestricted outbound caller ID.

HTH

Tapan

Hello Tapan,

Thanx for pointing that out. I tried it on 6.1.2 before,and of course it didnt work. Now on 8.0 seems Ok.

Best regards

Goran

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: