Views
Helpful
Replies

software installation for contact center

hamid ghani
Level 1
Level 1

hi guys,

My company ordered the contact center express , when the equipment is delivered to us i cannot find the software DVD.

On the cisco website the software available is just for the upgradation not for new installation, and in configuration tool their is no part for media kit of software. Then from where we will do the installation?????.

below is the BOQ we put to Cisco  as prepared in  configuration tool.

CCX 8.0   -CM,CMEBundleLicenses;UPG,ADDONpDelvery;LICENSESONLYCCX-80-BDL-UPG
CCX 8.0   Upgrade 5 Seat ENH Bundle to Premium LICENSE ONLYCCX-80-EP-BDL-U=
UCSS for Cisco   Unified Contact Center ExpressUCSS-CCX
UCSS for CCX   PRE for One Year - 1 usersUCSS-CCX-P-1-1
CCX 8.0 CCX CM   Bundle, Appliance Entitlement pDeliveryCCX-80-CMBLDLIC=
HW Only MCS   7816-I4 ServerMCS-7816-I4-CCX1
AC Power Cord   (Europe), C13, CEE 7, 1.5MCAB-ACE
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

Yes , use the DVD that comes with the CUCM , the difference in the system config is depending on the license (basic , enhanced or premium).

I am really not sure if you need to apply the free license first , but what you can do is try to upload the new license directly , it should work.

As for new setup , as you probably know , the UCCX can only work with cisco CUCM (not like UCCE that you can integrate with other PBX's) so you should be able to get the DVD's with the CUCM appliances but i am also sure that you can get them when you do the order for UCCX (new setup) because in that case it is not a feature upgrade or ADDON , it's a fully new setup so you should be able to get the DVD's.

Hope that was helpful.

Amer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hello,

The above is only order in one case .

As you probably know , when you order a call manager , you will recieve 5 Enh seats UCCX for free (DVD and license for free).

So you only order the above in case you bought the CUCM and you want to use the UCCX but you want to use the free 5 seats so the below will upgrade the license from enhanced to premium (License only).

As for the UCCX DVD's , they come with the CUCM server appliance.

Amer

Thanks Amer for you reply,

yes we ordered the CUCM and there is DVD for UCCX,

SO i will do is to put that DVD in my contct center appliance MCS 7816. and use these enhanced licences? this one thing

other thing is that if we order only UCCX, The DVD will be available in UCCX  hardware?

Hello,

Yes , use the DVD that comes with the CUCM , the difference in the system config is depending on the license (basic , enhanced or premium).

I am really not sure if you need to apply the free license first , but what you can do is try to upload the new license directly , it should work.

As for new setup , as you probably know , the UCCX can only work with cisco CUCM (not like UCCE that you can integrate with other PBX's) so you should be able to get the DVD's with the CUCM appliances but i am also sure that you can get them when you do the order for UCCX (new setup) because in that case it is not a feature upgrade or ADDON , it's a fully new setup so you should be able to get the DVD's.

Hope that was helpful.

Amer