Helpful
Replies

some ip phone are not registering

nicanor00
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have 1 cucm Publicher and 2 CUCM Sucriber (version 11.0). it work fine

I upgraded the PUB to version 12.5, by now the 2 suscriber remain on 11.0

After upgrade PUB to 12.5, I power off the suscriber, then some phone are registered and work, but some other are not registering

When I power up the suscriber who remain on 11.0, all ip phone are registered, then when I power off again the suscriber (version 11) and power up only the pub (12.5), i have the same issue, some phone are registered and work, but some other are not registering

Kindly help to understand and fixe the issue

3 Replies 3

Which CUCM servers are listed in the Cisco Unified CM Group for the phones that are not registering. If the CMG for the phones that are not registering contains only the Subscriber, then the phones only learn about the subscriber in their configuration file and therefore will not register to the Publisher.

It is important that you upgrade your entire cluster at once. Having the Publisher on 12.5 and the Subscriber still on 11 is a serious problem, as database replication will fail (among other things). You will want to upgrade your Subscriber immediately.

Maren

Robert Profit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@nicanor00 

Do you know which type of phones are not registering? Some phone models are deprecated in 12.5.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/12_0_1/deprecated_phones/cucm_b_deprecated-phone-models-for-1201.html

VR,

Rob Profit

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Finish the cluster upgrade, no idea why you're doing any kind of testing when you have version mismatch in your cluster.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate