Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA 112 registration with CME 8.5

network_user
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to register an SPA 112 with CME 8.5 on Cisco 2811. I have configured the SPA mac address as a third party sip phone. However, I dont see the SPA registering. SPA line status says "registration failed" and I dont see any active registration attempts on the CME.

voice register global
mode cme
source-address 10.252.195.65 port 5060
max-dn 20
max-pool 8
timezone 13
date-format D/M/Y
tftp-path flash:
create profile sync 0558144252014237
!
voice register dn 1
number 1234567890
name 1234567890
label 1234567890
mwi
!
voice register pool 1
busy-trigger-per-button 1
id mac <SPA-MAC-ADDRESS>
number 1 dn 1
username 1234567890 password 123

Please can you help me figure what is wrong with the configuration?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I was able to resolve this issue myself. The reason it was not registering is because I had below configured under sip. When I changed the source-address interface under voice register global to Loopback0, it registered instantaneously.

sip
bind control source-interface Loopback0
bind media source-interface Loopback0

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Thanks Brandon! I configured the router as per your document and I see that the ATA is trying to register. But the router is not responding to the register requests. I think I am missing something on the router configuration? I did a packet capture on the router and there is no response from the CME. I do see that the packets come as "UDP" and not SIP, I am not sure if that is the issue. Also a photo attached.spacap.png

network_user
Level 1
Level 1

Any ideas anyone???

I was able to resolve this issue myself. The reason it was not registering is because I had below configured under sip. When I changed the source-address interface under voice register global to Loopback0, it registered instantaneously.

sip
bind control source-interface Loopback0
bind media source-interface Loopback0

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: