cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Speed dial button to conference two DNs

fred.weston
Level 1
Level 1

We have CUCM 8.6 and a Valcom SIP page control.  What we have been asked to do is give our receptionist the ability to play a prerecorded message over the page system by pressing a button on her phone.  What I was thinking about doing is setting up a call handler in Unity in which she would record the message she wants to play as the primary greeting.  Then, I am trying to find a way to set up a button on her phone to automatically establish a conference between the DN of that call handler and the DN of the page controller.

My thinking here is that as soon as the conference is initiated, the call handler will playback the greeting and since the page controller is also in the conference, that message will be played over the external speakers.

I would set the call handler to hang up after playing the message, so it's my understanding that as soon as she presses the button to initiate the conference, she could hang up and the conference would remain active until the call handler finishes playing the greeting and then hangs up, at which point the conference would terminate.

So the root question is how can I program a button to initiate a conference between two other DNs?

4 Replies 4

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So the root question is how can I program a button to initiate a conference between two other DNs?

ASAIK, there is no way to do that.

Can you suggest an alternate solution?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Take a look at SynApps SA-Announce or Singlewire Informacast. I know at least SA-Announce can have pre-recorded files attached to a page group and can be triggered by speeddial.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

You can probably use the script "Group Call" available on the website mentioned in my profile.

It can be recalled from a speed-dial and do what you required.