cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST and UCL licensing in CUCM Business Edition 5000

lcuevas1
Level 1
Level 1

- Do I need a license SRST phone device apart from the SRST gateway license to ensure access to the PSTN on an IP phone that has its Call Manager with a failure, but the IP phone in question has its "UCL Enhanced license" enabled in CUCM Business Edition 5000?

- Is it not correct that the UCL licensing eliminate the need to purchase two licenses, gateway and phone device?

- Since the investment was higher in the Call Manager BE5K, Do I have to pay license fees on phone CME to use SRST gateway license?

Regards.

3 Replies 3

Hello,

Yes , the gateway license is different , there is a partnumber specially for the CME-SRST gateway that has by default some license , you have to upgrade the license number on the gateway to the number of ip phones that will register with the gateway when the WAN fails.

Amer

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Luis,

Just to add a note to the good tips from Amer;

You will only need a License like the one below. No new/secondary phone SRST

Licenses are required

FL-CME-SRST-25

Cisco CME or SRST - 25 seat Paper Feature License

ISR 29xx, 39xx

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/routers/ps10616/white_paper_c11_556985_ps10537_Products_White_Paper.html#wp9001359

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob and Amer for your help,

but anyone could tell me where in cisco pages I could find this statement? "that with SRST we dont need purchase phone device license in a CUCMBE based solution"