cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Compatibility for Different Phone Loads.

Joey De Wiele
Level 1
Level 1

Is there some way to determine SRST compatibility with different phone loads? For example, I can see that SRST 8.0 works fine with SCCP45.8-5-3S but when I try  the default 9.1.2 phone load SCCP45.9-3-1SR2-1S I see that SRST 8.0 doesn't work so well. Is there somewhere I can look up a phone load and see what versions of SRST that load is compatible with?

Thanks,

Joey

7 Replies 7

V.Naveen Kumar
Level 1
Level 1

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/requirements/guide/srs80spc.html

Check this matrix

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that document shows me a single load that's compatible with SRST version 8.0. What I need is a document that says "for this phone load here are all the compatible versions of SRST".

There's no such doc, it's unrealistic to expect testing for every single FW release, Vs. Every single SRST versions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Java is right but there´s a bug on firmware 9.x that is affecting SRST on V.8, That´s why I was asking for the IOS version of the router.

Take a look of this bug CSCte08121   as well as this link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11172581/srst-terminals-register-no-ephone-dn-sccp-firmware-higher-84

Thanks for that link, it was useful.

It seems from above that if I'm upgrading CUCM, particularly for a "big jump", like 7.1.3 to 9.1.2:

1. It's "unreasonable" for me to ask what SRST versions are compatible with the new phone loads. I'm OK with this I guess.
  2. Unless I'm using one of the few explicitly supported combinations of SRST and phone loads that I better test things first.

Hi,

thanks for sharing the bug[+5]

regds,

aman

vhilario
Level 1
Level 1

What´s your router´s IOS version?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: