Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Redundancy

jagadish-g
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have 2 routers (3845) at a location wherein we have 2 MPLS Links terminated. One is primary mpls link terminated on Router1 and second link is secondary local loop link terminated on Router 2. All PRI has been terminated on Router 1. CUCM is at Head office and this location is a branch office.

Now my question is suppose whenever their is a MPLS issue at the ISP end, both link will be down. At this point of time Only Router1 will act as SRST Router and only 720 IP Phones will be registered to the Router1. But i have around 1400 + IP Phones at that location.

Is their any way so that i can register the rest 700 IP Phones to Router2. Between these 2 routers we are running EIGRP.

Regards

Jagadish             

5 Replies 5

Hi Jagadish.

You could configure 2 device pool for that location with 2 different srst reference.

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Muhammad Nawaz
Level 1
Level 1

I would say that you should create 2 device pools for that site with 2 SRST(SRST-GW-1 & SRST-GW-2) and point  these gateways to SRST configuration.apart of from that you should point 700 IP Phones to each Device pools.

I hope this work around will help you.

cheers

Yes this can be done, but all PRI's are terminated on Router1. When MGCP Fall back happens, then what happens for the IP Phones registered to Router2 ??.

IP Phones of Router2 will register locally in SRST then create dial-peers and Route the PSTN & internal calls to Router1

Hi,

Can you give the example wrt the call routing to the PSTN calls to Router1.

Some commands pointing the pstn calls to router1 which i have to configure in Router2.

Thanks.