Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH script to CUCM

juancastillo
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys!

We're trying to connect via SSH to CUCM using a script, and it works well.

We're using it to issue commands from the CLI and analyze the answer, such as "utils service list", "show status"...

the only problem that we have is that, we have to "hardcode" the credentials in clear text within the script to be able to open the SSH session and then being able to issue the commands.

is there a way that a way that we can achieve this via pre-shared keys or any other way?

Basically, we're trying to feed another application with the status of the CUCM services (TFTP, CTI Manager, CallManager, A Cisco DB, etc) and be able to monitor over a period of time.

Thanks a lot!

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way to configure pre-shared keys to login to CUCM or any other of the apps that use the same blueprint.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

thanks Jaime....

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Instead of using SSH, why not look at the RIS API set? This gives you access to similar features to RTMT, but from a API.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hello Gordon,

similar info from RTMT would be useful for sure...

I'm not really a programmer, is there some kind of documentation available on this that I can forward to the developer?

if we can get text info with the RIS API, and forward to the monitoring app, it could probably possible without having to redo all the work we've already spent on this....

Thanks a lot

Sorry, my bad: It's the PerfMon API suite you want to use. It's SOAP based.

developer.cisco.com/site/sxml/documents/api-reference/perfmon/

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

thanks a lot Gordon!

Regards,

do you think yo can obtain the status of the services (CUCM, TFTP, Cisco DB, etc)......it seems to be more to monitor CPU, RAM, etc....?

Thanks,