cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Standard upgrade from CUCM 9.1(1a) to 9.1(2)

drobinson
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading from 9.1(1a) to 9.1(2) and as I was reading the upgrade guide it states "You cannot install upgrade software on your node while the system continues to operate".  I have always been able to stage standard upgrades on the inactive partitions of my Publisher and Subscribers without service disruption then switch versions and reboot after hours.  I assume that is still the case for standard upgrades within version 9.x, but I figured I would ask the experts for clarification.  Can anyone confirm that the 9.1(2) upgrade can be installed on the inactive partition without taking the node out of service.

Thanks in advance,

Dean

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, that is still the case. The system will continue to work. The system will not function if you are going from 8.5 or earlier to 9.x where a refresh upgrade is needed.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dean,

It is a standard upgrade.

When you perform a Refresh Upgrade to the latest release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager,

the system reboots several times as part of the upgrade process, and the service outage period is longer

than with traditional upgrades. Therefore, you may want to perform the upgrade during a scheduled down

time for your organization to avoid service interruptions. (The upgrade is a Refresh Upgrade when the

major OS version changes between the “from” version and “to” version. For Unified Communications

Manager upgrades to 9.1(2), the upgrade executes a Refresh Upgrade when the “from” version is earlier

than Release 8.6(x)).

you can refer release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_2/CUCM_BK_C9FFFCD0_00_cucm-release-notes-912.pdf

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yes, that is still the case. The system will continue to work. The system will not function if you are going from 8.5 or earlier to 9.x where a refresh upgrade is needed.

Thank you for the clarification George.

Dean

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Dean,

It is a standard upgrade.

When you perform a Refresh Upgrade to the latest release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager,

the system reboots several times as part of the upgrade process, and the service outage period is longer

than with traditional upgrades. Therefore, you may want to perform the upgrade during a scheduled down

time for your organization to avoid service interruptions. (The upgrade is a Refresh Upgrade when the

major OS version changes between the “from” version and “to” version. For Unified Communications

Manager upgrades to 9.1(2), the upgrade executes a Refresh Upgrade when the “from” version is earlier

than Release 8.6(x)).

you can refer release notes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/9_1_2/CUCM_BK_C9FFFCD0_00_cucm-release-notes-912.pdf

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman

Hi Dean.

thanks for the rating.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: