Views
Helpful
Replies

Static on Toll Free Number calls

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've run across an odd issue where a TFN number is showing up on one of the internal numbers (set up as a shared line) on several jabbers at various locations within the same cluster.
However, there is a lot of static on the connection whenever the on-call engineer moves calls from his jabber to the personnel mobile.

As per my undestanding  once a call is sent to the user's mobile device, it will not be on our network. Do we need to report to the service provider about TFN?

Due to organizational policies, users never answer calls on jabbers; instead, they always divert calls to their mobile number.

They communicated without any problems once I set the terminating number on the CTI route point and routed the call to the mobile number.

Do you believe the problem is being caused by the internal number being configured as a shared line on multiple Jabber profiles that are deployed across the different sites?

4 Replies 4

I’m having trouble understanding your issue. Are you saying that when calls are diverted to your mobile, you see the incoming calls as coming from the Toll-Free Number (TFN)?

Response Signature

Yenosh
Level 1
Level 1

@Nithin Eluvathingal The calls which are coming through Toll free number are having static

I’m a bit confused and the scenario isn’t clear to me. Could you provide a bit more explanation?

Response Signature

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

If I understand correctly, you have a toll free number coming in to your CM, terminating to a shared line.  The on-call person (who has Jabber with the shared line) iDiverts the call to his/her cell phone.  At this time, when the call is answered on the cell phone, there is static.  Is that correct?

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!