Helpful
Replies

Strange CUCM database Issues

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CUCM 4.1     

Guys,

came across this one on a project i am working on migrating the users to a new cucm 8.6 cluster..

Here is the description,

We have multi site users on a cluster running cucm 4.1.

We have deployed a new cucm 8.6 cluster and doing a phased site migration of users from old to new cluster.

Before a site is migrated, we run a BAT job to move all the devices in that site into a hidden partition.

We then create a route pattern for that site DN to route calls to that DN range to a GK which then routes the call to the new cucm8.6 cluster.

Here is the weird problem we are facing....

When users still on this old cluster who are yet to be migrated dials users on the new cluster, they get a busy tone. Debugs on the GK showed that the call didnot come to the gatekeeper..

CUCM traces showed the starngest thing of all. the call was been routed to the phones in their old Partition. I.e CUCM still sees the phone as they were before moving them to a new partiton..

Eg..before migration, DN=4444, PT=Internal_PT,

after migration, DN=4444, PT=Hidden_PT

a RP of 44XX is configured.

Now when a user dials the dn=4444, cucm traces shows the call been sent to DN=4444 in Internal_PT

Its as though CUCM has not seen the devices been migrated to the new PT.

U have run dblhelper tool to re-innitialize and re-publsih the database and no luck. The interesting hting is that dblhelper reports a database state as good with green smiley faces..

Another interesting thing is this..when I create a route pattern with excact pattern of 4444, the call works fine and even after I delete that RP. WHich shows that its at that point that CUCM updates the dialplan in its database..

Is there a way to fix this guys?

Please rate all useful posts
1 Reply 1

Anthony Ortiz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Did you delete the DN's from the Internal_PT that have been migrated?  Because you can have one DN in multiple Partitions.  Also run a new report on the Unified Reporting page to check the DB status. 

Thanks,

Anthony