Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange incident Unity 4.2.1

don_crowder
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We've experienced a strange event and i have no idea how or why it happened. We had a subscriber receive a message in their inbox that was stamped from an internal user, but the message actually came from off-net. I've looked at the CDR and Unity subscriber activity reports and they both confirm that that call originated off-network. I normally wouldn't come to this forum for a problem like this since it's an isolated event of small magnitude but the message in question appeared to be from our CEO .  Again, I don't know where to begin tracing this down, but upper management wants an answer. Has anbody ever seen or heard of anything like this?

Thanks in advance!

Don

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Don,

Was this a direct call from the CEO "off-net" to the user in question? Was this a call to another user

and then transferred or linked via a Dial 0? Did it come through a directory handler perhaps?

Maybe the CEO called from a Mobile device that is listed as an Alternate Extension in Unity?

Are we sure that the time date details are accurate?

If you provide some of these details we should be able to pinpoint how this happened, although sometimes

these forensic digs come up empty as well

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for the response. I did a fairly poor job articulating the problem, so let me try once again. The CEO did not initiate the call, but the Unity stamp indicated that he did. In other words, the agent received a message in his inbox "Message from CEO (7022).", however, the message was from another agent with a customer conferenced on the line.

"Was this a call to another user and then transferred or linked via a Dial 0? Did it come through a directory handler perhaps?"

After looking at the CDR more closely I was able to determine the call flow:

MGCP gateway ------>CTI RP----->IP IVR----->Agent1--xfer--->Agent2---->Agent2VM

There are no alternate extensions for Agent1. I have contacted agent1and confirmed that she left the message that was incorrectly stamped.