cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strange Problems about IP Call from region A to region B

frankchen83
Level 1
Level 1

right now we use Cisco voice gateway and voice gatekeeper to manage and distribute IP calls via H323 protocol,

now we have one strange problems as below:

B is our IT center and gatekeeper is there.

A is our region

C is other region.

we call C and it works, C call us does not work. we call B, B can hear the ring, but when they pickup the phone, they can hear nother and from myside I cannot feel B already picked up. once B put down the phone, it's still ring untill I hang off the phone.

8 Replies 8

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Frank,

Have you checked whether you have all required dial-peers and also the zone registration at the gatekeeper.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Not yet, because gatekeeper is in responsible by the other department, I have to ask.

so from your opions, from our side we do not need to do more configuration, correct?

Thanks.

is there a firewall in between, What codec you use  between these  location ?

Response Signature

I do not think we have a firewall, because we can call to C and via B, B is our center and gatekeeper location,

and we use this:

voice-class codec 1

Could be  Codec negotiation issue, or if there is a firewall it could be due to SIP/SCCP inspection. I had similar issue where there was a firewall.

Response Signature

so I have to ask the configuration on gatekeeper to check the codec is the same and zone registration is complete, correct?

You need to Check Codec used and also verify if there is a firewall in between.

Response Signature

we found the reason, we forgot to configure the dial-peer for the inbound stream from the other region to our gateway. and also the number which come from the other region, the gate keeper has not delete zone prefix, so we must translate the number in the CUCM.

Thanks a lot.