cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Super Copy of CIPC on 8.6.2 retains lines from original device

Arthur Luke
Level 1
Level 1

Today I did a super copy of my CIPC device to build a new CIPC device, then updated the DN's on both Line1 and Line2 for the new device. After saving this new device and registering the CIPC with the new device name, I still had the lines from the original device showing up on the softphone.

I was able to get the new device to work after deleting it, using the 'copy' function, and programming the DN's manually on Line1 and Line 2.

I'm able to re-produce this at will, and just wondering if this is something new, a bug, or has super copy always done this on CIPC devices? Anybody else run into this one?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like a database issue.  Try running "utils dbreplication status" on the publisher and view the output file to see if any tables have mismatches.  If so, try running "utils dbreplication repair all".

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

brmeade
Level 4
Level 4

Sounds like a database issue.  Try running "utils dbreplication status" on the publisher and view the output file to see if any tables have mismatches.  If so, try running "utils dbreplication repair all".

Brian, thanks for the reply, and sorry, I accidentally clicked on the 'correct answer' button. (don't see an option here to undo that action) As far as the 'utils dbreplication status' goes, I don't see a whole lot of info here, but the state is active and the status connected on all subscribers. 'utils dbreplication runtimestate' shows all servers in the cluster to have a status of 2.         

I've also logged in to the CUCM Administration page in each subscriber and looked at the new CIPC device, in each case the record reflects the updated DN's.

Arthur,

Checking the Admin page on each node isn't a good test as it will always pull data from the publisher if available.  Only way to verify the data on the subscribers would be to do a "run sql" command from the node CLI.  Just because the status shows active and connected, the output file should show all the table checks and any mismatches.  You might just want to do a "utils dbreplication repair all" when it's in this state to see if that helps clear up the mismatches.

Brian