Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Support for DNS configuration setting "A-Record" has ended

Hello,

my provider has changed their service and no longer support the DNS configuration setting "A-Record".

So my CISCO IP Phone doesn't work anymore. On the display the message is: "Checking DNS".

Do you know what I have to change to bring it back to work?

Greetings

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

grafik.png

... was it, no idea why, but now it works.

Thanks for your help

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

May be you need  setup own DNS Service on the Router or in the same DHCP Server - make sure Phones able to resolve the DNS name ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hm, good question. However, I am no IT-Expert.

The provider wrote: From now on, the so-called SRV query is used for address resolution

They are saying I have to change the SIP Port to 0. However, it doesn't seem to work.

Do I have to change something in the "SIP" Window?

grafik.pnggrafik.png

It is a German provider. Here the link (sadly only in German): https://geschaeftskunden.telekom.de/hilfe-und-service/hilfe-themen/hilfe-rund-um-internet-und-dsl/telefonieanpassung?wt_mc=alias_telefonieanpassung

Not sure if we followed correctly - what was

A-Record before service provider removed ? can you give full domain ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

What do you mean with "full domain"?

I don’t see in the shared screenshots any place where you configure a name record. Would you mind to please share this?

Response Signature

If you know where I can look it up, sure ;).

How would I know that, it's your system? If I would venture on a guess it would be under Ext 1 tab.

Response Signature

Infos I can find:

grafik.png

... was it, no idea why, but now it works.

Thanks for your help

That’s the DNS server. That only sets where your system should direct its name lookup. There must be some configuration somewhere that sets where your system should register, that’s the configuration your service provider instructs you to change.

Response Signature