Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported VSphere Version

Tony C
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our data center team is working on a project to upgrade to version 6.7 of Vsphere but the versions of CUCM, Unity Connection, and UCCX are not supported on that version of VSphere.  Below are our current versions of CUCM, UC, and UCCX with the max version of Esxi they support.

UCCX v11.6/ESXI6.5

CUCM v11.0/ESXI6.0

UC v10.5/ESXI6.5

My question for the community is has anybody run these version on ESXI 6.7?  If not, does anybody know the effect of running these on an unsupported version of Vsphere?  It would be a temporary situation to avoid having to do a two part upgrade process where we upgrade to a version of CUCM, UC, and UCCX that supports 6.7 and then upgrade again to the latest version of these appliances.  I've attached a spreadsheet that better illustrates the situation.

3 Replies 3

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I was in same situation in the past and I had done two stage upgrade for both vSphere and UC applications. I do not remember the exact error message but I have seen a situation where server will not boot on vSphere 6.7 if the UC application version is not supported on it.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Thank you, Vaijanath.  That's what I was wondering.  Will these applications not run if the version of vsphere is not supported or will they run, but at your own risk.

It may run or may be not. It will be at your own risk.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.