Views
Helpful
Replies

Swapping CUCM IPs / roles as part of UCS migration

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Will be doing a CUCM upgrade from 7.1.5 to 8.6 from MCS to UCS using a spare server to do a bridged upgrade. Will then be cutting over to new server suring downtime where i'll be disconnecting the MSC from network and enabling the UCS.

Customer has also requested that I swap the roles Publisher to Subscriber & vice versa as they want the Publisher in data centre where the Subscriber is currently. I beleive i will be able to change the IP address of the Publisher after restoring on UCS and then build the Subscriber after.

Just need someone to do a sanity check on any gotchas when I cut them overas now the Publisher will have the Subscriber IP & vice versa.

Can anyone forsee any problems I would hit?

Cheers

Russell

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Russel,

So in a nut shell, your are going to be changing the IP address of the Publisher?

The key thing to bear in mind is that this will render the License on the server invalid! if you have already activated the license before you change the ip.

The other thing I see is that you are going to do a restore without the subscriber active. You will run into errors here as the retore process will try to restore the database for all active servers at the time of backup.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Russel,

So in a nut shell, your are going to be changing the IP address of the Publisher?

The key thing to bear in mind is that this will render the License on the server invalid! if you have already activated the license before you change the ip.

The other thing I see is that you are going to do a restore without the subscriber active. You will run into errors here as the retore process will try to restore the database for all active servers at the time of backup.

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Yeah correct in a round-a-bout way

Am prepared for a licensing battle....I expect I can change a CUCM IP when the liceses are invalid or I will just have to rehost twice

Will the restore process complete with these errors or will they be a show stopper do you think?

No it is not a show stopper. You  must ensure that the node/server is not selected during the restore process..

Details are found in the Disaster recovery Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/8_6_1/drsag861.html#wp107055