cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switching PRI carrier

petebardak55
Level 1
Level 1

I have a simple question.  I'm runing Cisco UCM 7.0.2 appliance, Cisco 3845 for my voice gateway, MGCP is the protocol.   I have a single PRI connected to my voice gateway router and I'm basically migrating all DN's from the old carrier to a new carrier.  My new provider is handling all the DN and making sure the PRI is configured the same as my existing one that I'm canceling.  They said all I need to do is plug in their PRI to the voice gateway.  Is there anything else I need to do from a configuration stand point?  I'm thing NO but I'd though I post this just to be sure.    

Thank in advance for anyone that responds.

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

We went through this process at one point and it actually worked as advertised     

Our new provider had taken a considerable amount of time in planning and reviewing

our current DID mapping etc. and the total outage was no more than 1 hour. If they

are using the same protocols, signaling etc. you should be good to go.

It's always good to remember that for a MGCP gateway that no mgcp/mgcp is your best friend.

Just in case (older doc but still quite applicable );

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805a316c.shtml

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the information!

Pete