Views
Helpful
Replies

SX20 on CUCM9 not registering

kurti
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

I wanted to register a SX20 at our cucm 9 - Lab. I did the same as I did for the other devices (like 7965, 9951, ...), Chose SX20 as Device and put the mac in the required field. (I used the options explained in the SX20's Admin Guide)

Unfortunately the SX in the CUCM stays at state "registered - unknown". Do I have to do anything more to get this runnig? SX has IP-Connectivity, DHCP options should be ok as this is the same subnet the running phones are in.

Thanks (I hope this is no RTFM-issue ;-) )

Regards,

Andreas

4 Replies 4

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Andreas,

I am not an SX20 guru, but one thing I can think of that might be causing a problem is if the firmware load on the SX90 is not allowing a CUCM registration.  First place I would start with troubleshooting is with this doc http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc5/administration_guide/administering_endpoints_running_tc5_on_cucm8-6.pdf

CUCM 9.0 should have have the SX20 device defined, so no additional COP files should be needed to support the device.  Another thing to check is the actual CUCM state of the device.  On the phone page, if the device has tried to regsiter and was not successful, I would expect CUCM to have an error status on the phone page.  See if there was any information on the phone page.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the post and the link. I already did all the things written in this paper (three times, to avoid errors ;-) ) but I did not get any result. On the phone page nothing really changes after I tried to register the Sx20. It still stays in state of "unknown". That's why I think I have an general "idea.mismatch" how it should go.

The CUCM9 has already the SX20 integrated, so I can choose it on the cucm. Nevertheless I updated the firmware on the SX20 and also the cop file to match the versions. Still the same.

But I am not sure, how I tell the Sx20 to start registering.

Regards,

Andreas

Sorry, the last "Guest-Post" was me, I forgot to log in ;-(

Andreas (kurti)

What happens if you boot up the SX20, does it give you an option to choose the Call Control? (VCS/CUCM etc)