cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System directory handler question

pluedke1107
Level 1
Level 1

We have an extension that is attached to an analog line and is used to page throughout the building.     The extension is one that we set-up in directory numbers but it is not part of our dial plan from the PSTN.   It works fine as an internal extension and people are easily able to page.    In the event of an emergency, I was asked if that extesnion could be reached from an outside call and could someone page from outside the building.    I called into our intercompany auto-attendant and entered the extension and the nice lady told me it was not a valid entry.   I can reach other lines by just entering the extension. The auto attendant points to the System Directory Handler when that key is pressed.    There are several other extensions that come up as an invalid entry also.    I am wondering what I am missing - what makes the extension valid in the System Directory?   We are using Unity 8.6.2 and Call Manager 8.6.2.

Thank you in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is that extension assigned to a mailbox in Unity Connection?  If not, you will need to enable the option to transfer to extensions that are not associated with subscribers and also ensure that the restriction table is configured appropriately

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is that extension assigned to a mailbox in Unity Connection?  If not, you will need to enable the option to transfer to extensions that are not associated with subscribers and also ensure that the restriction table is configured appropriately

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: