Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telephony service on 3725 Router

Hi guys! I have an old 3725 and some ip phones i would like to configure. I just downloaded the 7911 firmware files and created the DHCP with option 150 and did the telephony service setup on the router... I saw some videos where people install the CME on the router but i dont have access to the CUCM... so my question is, do i have to install the CME or just by uploading the 7911 firmware and do the telephony service setup will work?

thanks in advance! 

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM runs on ESXi, what you can run on an ISR is CME, you can refer to the CME administration guide for all the tasks related to what you're trying to do.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

yeah the CME, right... i got a misconcept... either way... i uploaded the firmware to the router and do a "load 7911 (version of my phone) and SCCP11.9-2-3S and nothing happens with the phone...

the dhcp is working because i can see the ip phone´s mac address... (just a bit changed 01d8.24bd.ba24.5e) but it continuisly goes with the "upgrading" message

okay it was quite simple... i had to do the "tftp-server flash:xxxxx" command with the firmware files uploaded in the router in order to the update process to work! 

i realize about this issue by debuging tftp events! 

Thanks to all!