Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence DX80 and CUCM / VCS

Hi all. I would like to know... you can add a DX80 to CUCM 10.5; you can add to Cisco TelePresence Server the same endpoint. So, what is the difference?? you can add to **bleep** the telepresence endpoint but you will lose some kind of functions? is there a benefict with  Cisco TelePresence Server only??

Many thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to be at 10.5(2) and install the required DevPack or the latest SU to be able to use them with CE load, 10.5(2) should already have the option to use them as Android devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix_chapter_00.html#CMDP_RF_C390F917_00

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

So, what are you really asking here???

CUCM and VCS are call control

vTP server is a video bridge, not call control and you do not register devices to it.

HTH

java

Hi, Many thanks for your answer.  i would like to know what is neccesary to register a DX80 on a CUCM 10.5 because i usually see that MCU or telepresence server is integrated with CUCM.

Can i register DX80 on CUCM 10.5 only? what are the limitations?

Many thanks! 

You need to be at 10.5(2) and install the required DevPack or the latest SU to be able to use them with CE load, 10.5(2) should already have the option to use them as Android devices.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix/CMDP_BK_CCBDA741_00_cucm-device-package-compatibility-matrix_chapter_00.html#CMDP_RF_C390F917_00

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: