Views
Helpful
Replies

Temp Fail during conference

rohanpatel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having an issue. When someone calls me from PSTN and I conference someone internally, I get TEMP FAIL on my phones and PSTN call drops.

On the other hand Conference internally works, but still get the same TEMP FAIL message..

I am running Call Manager 7.0.2 and using cisco 7975.

Thanks,

Rohan

7 Replies 7

Prajwala Gopal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Rohan,

This usually means that the phones go into call preservation mode.

1.Can you elaborate on the call flow?

2. Does this happen always?

3. What is the firmware running on the phones?

Thanks,

Prajwala

Also temp fail typically indicates that the gateway unregistered during the call, which is why the call goes into preservation.

does the normal pstn call to ip phone connects all fine..

internal conference are also failing..?

provide more insight..

shaheeramunir
Level 4
Level 4

How did you resolve this issue?

Recently, we are encountering the same issue.  When we do a conference call with external callers, things work fine initially, but after a few minutes we get the "Temp Fail" error on the VoIP phone and lose the external caller (they are dropped from the call).  When we do a conference call with internal callers (others on our VoIP system), we get the "Temp Fail" error on the phones, but the callers don't get dropped.

I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you had any insight into this issue.

Thank you for any direction you can provide.

-Kris

Temp fail technically means the out of band control channel to the peer device was lost. The peer device could be an h323 or mgcp gateway, SIP or SCCP phone. phone1 calls phone2. there are call control sessions between phone1 and CM and between CM and phone2. If the control session between CM and phone2 is lost, phone1 displays temp fail.

mohamed helmy
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Rohanpatel,

I faced Temp fail before, this cause of time out checking the CCM conductivity.

the external call dropped cause the VGW get unregistred. But the internal call can run normally, you can't use any "Transfer, Hold... etc" features.

this means you have a problem in connection to the CUCM. if you opened a ping session to the CUCM, you may find the temp fail shows up in the same time if packets drops. 

please check this and feed us back

Also check if both the CUCM eth0 and the Switch port are "full duplex"

Best Regards,

Mohamed Helmy

Regards, Mohamed Helmy
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: